Sunday, May 11, 2014

Grandma's house

Yesterday I was able to go inside my Grandparent's house. They had live in a small home next to my parents out on the farm. I have not been in the house for probably 25 years or more. I have many good memories of Grandma and Grandpa associated with that home. I loved that they lived close and I was able to visit a lot. The house looks wonderful. It made me so happy and made me miss both my Grandparents as I walked into the bedrooms they had occupied. To tell the truth I wanted to cry. I will always think of it as their Home. I loved sitting in front of the fireplace and just listening to everyone. Friends and relatives would come visit them. It was in that kitchen that Grandma taught me how to can tomatoes. I even wrote it down. It made my heart feel good to see the little house cleaned up and taken care of. My Grandparents were great examples to me and I hope and try to live up to their legacy. Love you and miss you both...................

No comments:

Post a Comment